Monday, July 7, 2008

My poor little Kayla !

Well two nights ago Kayla was sitting with her grandma and she started choking on her saliva and lost her breath for a couple second then about twenty minutes later did it again. So needless to say last night was a sleepless night for mom. Every time I heard her move or make noise I woke up. I figured she's been teething because she has been really fussy this last month and drooling a ton. This morning I made her a Dr. Appt. and found out that she has acid reflux, and she was choking on the acid coming back up in her throat. Poor thing this has been going on for about a month now and I just figured she was teething. I've never even heard of babies having acid reflux, but at least now we know and I have medicine for her now.

3 comments:

Andy and Yolanda said...

What a relief! I'm glad that you guys know what's up now:) We hope to see you soon and it was great to see you all this past weekend!

Palazuelos Family said...

Kayla is getting SO cute!!! We're sorry we missed you when you guys were out here. wish we could of done dinner.....next time for sure:)I know what you mean about getting up at every sound, Isabelle is 18 months now and in a toddler bed in her own room and I STILL sleep with the monitor on:) Let us know next time your in town and we can have a play date...I cant wait for the summer to be down with its awful being pregnant and hot but only 7 more weeks to go:) YEAH!!!!!!! You guys have the cuttest family, glad everything is going great!!!!

Palazuelos Family said...

Kayla is getting SO cute!!! We're sorry we missed you when you guys were out here. wish we could of done dinner.....next time for sure:)I know what you mean about getting up at every sound, Isabelle is 18 months now and in a toddler bed in her own room and I STILL sleep with the monitor on:) Let us know next time your in town and we can have a play date...I cant wait for the summer to be down with its awful being pregnant and hot but only 7 more weeks to go:) YEAH!!!!!!! You guys have the cuttest family, glad everything is going great!!!!